In today’s modern vehicles, there is much debate over whether a car tune up is necessary. Some feel it is a waste of money; others say it is vitally important. First of all, in order to determine whether a tune up is the worth the money and how often do you need a tune up on a car, you may need to know what a tune up consists of.
A car tune up is simply preventative maintenance to make sure certain items are in good working condition so that you car continues to perform at optimum efficiency. Here is a list of the items checked during a car tune up:
- Fuel Filter
- Air filter
- Spark plugs and spark plug wires
- Car battery
- PCV valve
Consider these four reasons why the car tune up cost is worth the money:
1) You will ensure your car is continuously roadworthy and won’t breakdown leaving your stranded on the side of the road.
2) The majority of drivers do not have the funds to buy a new model vehicle every time one comes out. Many drivers like to stick with their current car until they are forced to invest in a new one. So, spend a few dollars now to tune up your car so it will give you many more miles of service.
3) By preventing damage and future car repairs, you will be saving money. Plus, the more energy efficient your car runs, the more you will save in gas and oil.
4) A car tune up will help maintain a good resale value. The next owner needs to know your car is going to be a good deal and a sure-thing. Regular maintenance will increase these odds.
Wondering how often do you need a tune up on a car? Consult our ASE Certified Technicians at TLC Auto Care for more information about the car tune up cost and to schedule an appointment. Our auto shop proudly serves vehicle owners in Kirkland, WA and surrounding areas.